Posted by Suzy Hayden
on November 13, 2010 at 2:38 PM
Our meeting was very productive this month. I would like to welcome two new members to our group, Jim and Greta Rich.
- We read chap book submissions and received feedback
- Discussed the chap book cover art and decided on a title
Our first chap book will be Vol. 1 - Winter Edition and titled "Blessings" A collection of poems, devotionals and stories to inspire the soul.
- Discussed that the title may stay the same for every chap book with the volume number and time of year changing only. However, cover art will change with each new volume.
- Discussed creating a logo for our group name to be on the cover of future volumes to make it recognizable like the Chicken Soup covers.
- Discussed putting out two chap books a year in volumes - for Fall/Winter and Spring/Summer editions. This way we will always have something to work on as a group throughout the year.
- Proceeds from chap book sales will go into the treasury to be used for future project productions and other miscellaneous expenses for the group.
- Our first run will be 100 copies
- Vicki Keith will get back with the group regarding production cost.
- We read our Chicken Soup submissions and offered feedback as well.
- Discussed having our brunch quarterly instead of every month. We will still have monthly meetings with coffee and drinks only.
- Quarterly brunches will be in March, June, September and December
- Discussed hosting one retreat instead of the two proposed in an earlier email.
- We will host one annual fall Christian writers retreat next October with an open invitation to all area Christian writers groups.
- Our next meeting is scheduled for December 11th.